Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth!

Well this week was good!  I have to tell ya'll about a man named AL.. He's a veteran and prob around 65-70 years old.. He's a grump and a woman hater. . somehow we are teaching him.. hah anyhow.. I have really tried to get him to pray for the past couple weeks.. infact, I am kindof pushy with him because I know he can take it.. So on Saturday I was being my usual pushy self.  So at the end of the lesson I said "Hey AL, what's your problem? Why don't you want to pray?"  He replied.. "There's a few choice names I'd like to call you, but I haven't used those since the war. Your a pushy one!"  So I said.. "Alright sweet call me what you will I still think you should pray". .. (not really thinking he would do it).. after several grunts and grumbles.. But then he took his hat off and said just about the sweetest prayer I've ever heard.
   It is truly amazing to see people's countenances change.. I feel sooo blessed to be on a mission. I can't tell you how many times people will say "i am so happy you two come over to our house, we always feel so good when you come, and for days after".  . and we're like what the? We aren't even doing anything! We just go.. that's about it. . But hey the Lord knows what he's doing! I have never felt more fulfilled in my life. I am sad that my companion is going home in a couple weeks.. and also terrified to get a new companion and take over the area.. it's a lot of responsibility.
         Oh ya.. well I am having surgery on Friday. .. there yanking out the gallbladder... I really don't feel like doing it, plus not sure how neccesary it is but oh well, I could use a prayer or two! Oh ya my Mission President says we can watch fireworks tonight! woop!

Love Sis Davidson


p.s
Kari/Robert: I hear you had your baby!!!!!! AHHHHHH I am sooo happy for you and Robert! Mummi says you were gonna call her Eliza Jane maybe? tell me what the name is!!! Send me a pic! Congrats... I love you!
Kaylene: thanks for the letter I loved it, hope to hear from you again soon
Kirsten: how is Texas?
Kevin: Thanks for the letter, Ill write ya back
Hannah? hannah?
Stephanie Boinay????!

No comments:

Post a Comment