Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011. Give oh Give

This last week was amazing. Jane Noblitt...  One June 25, Jane's Birthday she was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The Baptism program went as follows.


   * Sister Davidson (me) ha gave a talk on Baptism. I had my comp. sing "Give said the Little Stream" because that is JANE
   * The three Ward girls sang "When i am Baptized"
   * Sister Buchanan (my companion) gave a talk on the Holy ghost
   * Jane bore her testimony of how she came to know the church was true

This baptism was the best event I have been to that I can remember.. because the spirit was so strong in the room and throughout the entire program it seemed there wasn't a dry eye. I want to make a little tribute to Jane Noblitt. 

     Jane had 9 brothers... her mother died when she was four.. She grew up in Massachusetts. She had an extremely difficult childhood

    Jane took care of three triplet girls until they were from the time they were babies until they were 18, because their mother couldn't.

     She always wanted to have her own children but could not.. so she adopted one boy. She said she used to cry alot and ask God why He didn;t allow her to have her own children.. then she finally decided that there were so many children around that needed her love already that weren't getting it. 




  Jane was a nurse for many years... she prides herself in caring for others.. it's her favorite thing to do. She always talks about how god made us to serve others and to help and love one another.. if there is anyone she comes in contact she says she tries to give them as much love as she can.. so they can feel the love God has for them.

   She opened a Bakery in Columbus, montana and also a cleaning business

   She can build things because she grew up with so many brothers.. she built her a shop for her late husband all by herself and shingled the roof of her own house.

    She was in a serious car accident that caused her jaw to shatter and had to have many back surgeries and was told by doctors that she would be a vegetable her whole life.. But after many years she taught herself to walk again.  She also had a stroke which caused her to lose her some of her memory.. she forgets names because of it.

     She lost her "hubby" as she calls him a couple years ago... And ever since went into a little slum of deppression because she feared he was gone forever and she'd never see him again.. she prayed for something to happen.. She asked God to help her make things right again...

   Sister Buchanan my companion.. (a few weeks before I came) was walking down the streets of Columbus doing missionary work one day when her and her comp at the time passed A lady in a blue coat. on the street... they passed her without saying anything and then Sis Buchanan felt very strongly that she needed to talk to the Lady.. So they ran back awkwardly and talked with Jane.. they asked her if she wanted to meet them and learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ.. She cried and said yes, I just lost my husband and am having a very hard time..

     They saw her a few times before i came to the mission... the first time I met Jane I felt an instant connection with her. I tell my companion.. maybe it is because she is so similar to my Mummi (grandmother) and is so Christ like and loving.. you can't help but love her back. 

   In my talk on Baptism I said that Jane had changed my life. She taught me more about love and service and coming closer to Christ than I taught her. I saw a change in her since we started teaching her the lessons.. I witnessed her depression fade.. I saw a new hope and renewed faith.. with every visit. She now has courage and knowledge which she says she had once forgotten.. but now remembers. . That one day she can be with her husband again. 






   I know that God must REALLY love Jane. I figure He must love me too for allowing me to be a part of her life. . and apart of her experience of being baptized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment