Monday, June 20, 2011

June 13, 2011

Well where do I start???? It's been a great week for the work and a terrible week for my health... Let's start with the good things.
1. My companion and I have been praying about jane.. the 73 year old woman we have been teaching the last 7 weeks who is basically perfect. . We both felt it was time to ask her if she wanted to be baptized.. as missionaries we come up with a date and then present it.. I really felt strongly about June, 25.. My comp agreed.

2. We brought jane to a young boy in our branches baptism on Saturday.. she loved it!

3. After the baptism we went back to her place and taught her a lesson.. during the lesson she said.. "Well I just want to have that good feeling of the Holy Ghost to be with me all the time, I feel like it just comes and goes.. how can i get that"?  Perfect question Jane! You can recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost after you are baptized! Jane says.. "What do I need to do to get baptized"?  AhAHH! We didn't even have to bring it up.. she did.. we had a great lesson about Baptism/Holy Ghost and the qualifications. 

4. Then we said.. we have prayed about it and we both think that June 25, would be a great date for you to get baptized... Tears rolled down her face as she said.. " Well that will be just beautiful, that's my birthday". 

How great is that??? I feel so blessed to be a part of Jane's baptism. She is beyond wonderful. She has done so much good during her life and served many.. She loves the gospel of Jesus Christ and is so excited about her baptism,. she's calling and telling everyone she see's about it, and about the church. Goes to show that Heavenly Father has his own timing for our lives.. 

Lets get on with the bad/sickness I have been having... 

1. It is terrible being sick as a missionary because you are used to serving people all day.. we have been helping people clean up from the floods and you can't really do that when you feel like death.

2. The top of my stomach feels like it has pieces of glass shattering inside.. this has gone on for days now,

3. Blood has been coming out of places it shouldn't when I use the restroom, so obviously I had to eventually get to the emergency room.. which happened on Sunday

4. the nurse.. in the ER was very young and looked like a student.. i said to my comp "Sweet I get to get poked by a greenie".. She replied.. " oh sister don't worry I'm sure they wouldn't hire any crazies that didn't know what they were doing".  

5. Well not even 2 minutes later the nurse comes in to put an iV in my arm... well obviously she didn't know what she was doing becuase the blood started shooting out of my arm and splattering on the ground.. this really freaked my companion out.. I was laughing really hard which wasn't good for the blood flow.. ha you could tellt he nurse was so worried she didn't figure out  how to stop the blood for like a whole minute (which is alot when blood is gushing out of your arm) Anyhow.. after my clothes which i was sitting on got blood spurted all over them, she finally got it under control.. ha

6. I was there for six hours! I told the Doctor that it was probably stomach ulcers.. but they kept giving me different tests for my gall bladder.. Which wasn't the problem... anyhow basically they just kept giving me morphine and making me drink this nasty white paste (which they called a coctail)..

7. After all that time they just let me go! They were like... I really think you should get in with a doctor tommorrow... Ok??? What the???

8. My conditions are still the same,.. My president is worried sick.. we'll see what happens.. haha the joys of a mission.

Anyhow...
I love you all! Thanks to all that sent me letters I really appreciate it! I could use a few prayers so I could get back to work... love you!

Sis Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment