Monday, June 20, 2011

June, 6, 2011

Well... we had a baptism on Saturday June, 4th! Marvin Krook:) I am not sure if I have mentioned him before but for the last 6 weeks Sister Buchanan and I have been teaching him. My comp and her last companion taught him some before i came to.  He is 80 years old and has been Methodist his whole life. He married his wife.. who is a member.. three years ago.. His wife died about 15 years ago. Anyhow Sister Krook never pushed him into the gospel, but she knew he would be receptive to it so she invited him to church with her on Sunday's and he came.. eventually he met with missionaries (Elders) and stopped for a while.. Then when they moved to Joliet, Montana he started meeting with Sisters ( my comp and her former) and then me and my comp. i liked him from the start.. he is a huge Jokester so he reminded me of grandaddy.. ha. Anyhow he was very receptive but had a lot of questions.. We were so excited when we committed him to be baptized.. He said " well do I get to get baptized in my birthday suit, thats how I was born the first time". Ha what a silly old man.  His wife said that our particular companionship has brought the Spirit into their home more than ever and she was so grateful we were the one's to see him baptized. that made me happy. his baptism went great. I spoke on the Holy Ghost and my companion sang "His Hands". It was beautiful! I have always loved that song because my mom played and sang it on the piano all the time. I sang that song with my companion to all our investigators this week and nearly every one cried. it was nice. Anyhow I didn't get transferred! I am staying here with my companion for another transfer! Sadly this is her last transfer and she goes home after this. . And that means I will probably take over the area! I am terrified!! 
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. The happiness it brings to people cannot be measured by any system. There isn't anything more rewarding than watching a person's countenance change.. and becoming happier as they start to realize that Heavenly Father really is there and that He loves them..  For those family members that are reading and are members of the church.. please help the missionaries! Invite them for dinner.. talk to them about the people in your community that they are teaching.. They need you! The most loving thing you can do for anyone is invite them to learn about the Gospel.. the work cannot be done without you. I never realized how much the ward really makes an impact on investigators. Please be sensitive to those who are trying to find the truth.. and be an example of love.   I love you all! I can't believe it has already been two months! it's crazy! 
I hope to hear from you all soon
Love 
Sis Rachelle Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment