Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Letter May 30, 2011



Aloha,
Well devastation has struck our area... flooding like crazy. It has destroyed a lot of people's basements and if they lived in an apartment with a basement. It was gone. It was really sad to see... and hard to work with because we wanted to help people clean up the damage but there wasn't much we could do. The flooding keeps coming and the rain will not stop. It's crazy because apparently it has never rained this much EVER in my area of Montana. So no one was prepared at all. It's also really hard to work walking around outside all day in the rain. Anyhow... This week I got to feed a lamb! That was cool. That sucker is strong!!! It almost took my arm off when it was eating. Montana is soooo pretty. Everything is turning green. Probably cause of all the rain. . But anyway it is gorgeous... I saw some antelope and a bunch of turkey's this week too. There are more animals then people. Every Montanan has about 7 dogs and every house we go into they jump up and slobber all over you... my coat is basically a dog fur coat. Good thing I like dogs. I find myself speaking in a way I used to despise... I say things like “I like them boots” or “that don't work” Correct English is not part of the culture here. Haha
Well despite the Weather conditions we were able to find three new investigators this week and teach them the first lesson. It was amazing. I am just so happy to be out here serving the Lord. There is no more important work than this. . There is no better place I could be. There have been so many people here in Montana that I KNOW I was supposed to meet. . That I KNOW I was supposed to talk to. The Lord KNOWS us... He knows us individually... I am so happy that I can just be myself!! The people here are so funny and sometimes do the most outrageous stuff. It is very entertaining.
Well I fasted yesterday... for the investigators and for a man named Marvin... who we have set a baptismal date on Saturday... Hopefully it works out. Anyhow a miracle happened yesterday (I think it was the fasting:) ) because 6 of our investigators came to church and one of them was JANE... My favorite! She is amazing... She loved church. She said, “It's like there's all this knowledge here to bring us happiness, I wish I would have come earlier.. Thank you so much for bringing me here. I feel so happy". How sweet is that? People like her make all the hard days worth it.
I love you all!!! Write to me! I need you letters
Love Sis Davidson

1 comment: