Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Letter May 23, 2011

Hi family!!!
Well i basically wear cowboy boots all day! That's fun.. but it has been raining like crazy this past weeks... like flooding status.. out of control! I died my hair because it was growing out and I bought a box of LIGHT brown... but it turned out super dark.... oh well. Well it is impossible to stay fit on a mission... Basically if you want to work out at 6:20 A.M your companion wants to kill you. Oh well. Can I just say I am proud of myself for eating some of the most "non- delicious" food ever on my mission and not complaining/worrying about it... elk..nasty nuts in weird fruit pies of all varieties... my least favorite was potato salad!!! ew. ha i love Montana.  It is seriously sooooo beautiful.. oh I saw a skunk this week!!
So when your a missionary you get to do everything in small branches.. this week I had to speak in Sacrament meeting for 20 minutes... which was funny because after i spoke this lady came up and said... "oh hey Sister Davidson, I really liked your talk, I really woke up the last half there when you started talking about how you weren't really wanting to go on a mission but you did".  Ha... ok so basically people don't want to hear about the plan of salvation... they want to hear the dirt on you and your life.. i love that people here have NO SHAME .. they just tell you how it is! Anyway after I spoke then they asked me and my companion to teach the 11 year old class.. ha just right then! Oh and don't worry the week before without notice we taught the 3-6 year olds.. that was fun!
Well this week was pretty great,... jane the older lady investigator we have came to Dinner with us at the Ward families house. The ward's have three little girls and Jane loves kids... it was sooo great to see jane light up and talk non-stop to the kids.. i think it was the first time she had eaten outside of her home in years... it was really sweet.
I thought i would send some new pictures... what Montana looks like and how missionary like I look now (unattractive and frumpy) also to see my fav old lady Jane
I love ya all! Write to me



Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment