Monday, May 2, 2011

Letter April 27, 2011

Hey family!!!




I am here in Montana! It is freezing in this place! Seriously... no one else thinks it is cold but I am FREEEEZING!!! It is def not Hawaii here. So yesterday I met my mission president and his wife which was nice, they are the sweetest people. We all went to the mission home in Billings which is also the office. We had a few meetings and read scriptures a bit, then had a delicious dinner. Anyone who has been to the MTC should know it is great getting real food when your out... haha except some weird people that love the MTC food. hahhhhhhaa!  We then had a wonderful testimony meeting with all the missionaries that were leaving and us 11 that were coming into the field, it was powerful to say the least. It was awesome hearing some of the testimonies of the Elders leaving.. they love Montana it's their home. I shared my testimony short,simple and sweet.. basically I know that the church is true because I have felt the Holy Ghost witness to me on several occasions that it is true. There is no other way. I do not know how Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost do it, but they WILL answer my prayers and every other person who is diligently trying to know the truth. I have seen the gospel change lives.. applying it's principles has changed my own life. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. It is hard. But it is sooo worth it.
   So after the testimony meeting we all got together around a huge map of our mission and a wheel or fortune style wooden wheel with every area on it. At first one of the Elders said.. here just spin and thats where you'll end up serving tommorrow.. I was like what the? But then I realized I was having a blond moment and that he was kidding... we just had to guess where we were going then open a letter that the mission president gave us and see if we guessed right. If we did then we won some PEANUT M&M's.. grandaddy would have loved that. Well somehow I knew already that I would be serving in the Billings area and I knew my who my companion would be from the first second I saw her.. ha so i spinned the wheel and I was right! Billings... opened the letter and yep, Billings!! There ya go! So excited.. and my companion was Sister Buchanan just as I had suspected. (she was at the dinner because her companion was leaving) So I won the M&M's and I know somewhere in heaven grandaddy was smiling. So the town I will be in is called Red Lodge.. I haven't been there yet since we are going to be teaching a couple lessons today before we get there. Oh and guess what? I get to drive a huge truck!!! WHOOO haha I love it. It's a 2007 chevy colorado. But I can;t actually be the driver until I am senior companion.. but still it's fun. It is really pretty here. I miss the mtc and how homey it was. It was like a little paradise on earth.. people that dislike it are weird to me haha. I saw soo many people I knew in the MTC!
Sister Roberts- from highschool
Elder Brig Madsen - from BYUH
Elder Drake Loud- family friends
Sister Brittany Ringler- from highschool, we were on th volleyball team together in 9th grade:)
Sister Michelle Winchell- my love from BYUH
So many people I feel like there is more but I can't remember  oh and this morning I saw a girl named Puunani that I knew in Hawaii.. she originally was sent on the temple square mission but she is now in my mission for a few months:)
So much has happened! I am thankful for all the letters... they really do help!!!
I love you all
Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment