Monday, May 23, 2011

Letter May 9, 2011

Aloha Family!
Curse all you who haven't written me... jk.. but seriously. I mean I know you have your own lives and all... but come on. haha letters are nice in the mission field.
Yesterday being mothers day it was nice to be able call home and to Skype Mummi and Marcus's family and hear all about their adventures in Europe! I hope one day i can go there and see all the beautiful scenery and art. But being a missionary is better than any vacation/art museum. For real. ha
I have had sooooo many experiences these past couple of weeks in Montana that it feels like I have been here a lifetime. I have learned alot about obedience.. And something way funny to me and to probably most of you that know me is that I have become a stickler for 100 percent obedience. it's hilarious. But it's an eternal principle! The more obedient we are to Heavenly Father/(little white handbook) to all you past missionaries. . the more apt you are to facilitating the spirit and being able to utilize that to help others come closer to Christ.. as well as yourself. I just can't get over how funny it is that I am like the mom saying... "well I don't think we should do that this way because it's on the border line of breaking so and so rule". Anyhow...
This week has been awesome.. We put in some sweet tracting hours and guess what we actually got into some homes! But the best part is there was one lady who let us in, not just because it was cold but to actually let us teach her!! Whoop new investigator...! We taught the first lesson, gave her a B.O.M and she said she would read some of it, were going back to teach her again on Thursday. AMAZING
I think it is kinda funny after talking with family yesterday.. I realize how different my MISSIONARY life is from all of yours.. My life is totally dedicated to serving the Lord right now and i am sad that one day my mission will end and I'll have to go back to normal life! haha Not that your normal lives aren't great, they are... but I like have nothing about myself to relate. All I can talk about are my amazing spiritual experiences and my investigators because they are my life now! i wish i had more time to write down about every single family and lesson we teach. We try to teach about 20 lessons a week but it seems like we do a lot more. i absolutely love my mission. it is the HARDEST thing i have ever had to do. it takes you way out of your comfort zone.. But the mission has already molded me into something better. i can't wait to see what time can do to my already growing faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love him. I had a stare down with a deer this week.. for like 30 seconds.. he was like 5 feet away from me! the deer here aren't scaredy cats! I also had a stare down with a cotton tail rabbit.. it was amazing.. im a weird nature girl. haha We'll I'll tell you about one family we are teaching.. they are the callisons.. and boy are they cowboy status..! there is 5 of them two parents and three kids.. the dad has the coolest southern accent that sounds like strait out of king of the hill.. they live on a ranch/farm... all the way up in these hills far far away from civilization.. they have three horses, three dogs, a cat, chickens and they are working on getting some goats.. they are trying to be completely self sufficient... meaning they hunt and eat all their own food... they even have this creek by their house that has fresh spring water!!! We drank it! It looks all green and mossy but you did your cup right in that stream thing and it's clear an d delicious! they live in this cute little house that basically just has one huge room on top and bottom... but its like a cabin style.. they all sleep upstairs with sheets covering their individual beds... not much privacy!! Anyhow it's so cute! But they are coming along with the lessons and we HOPE that somehow they will get baptized soon. I have too much to say and no time to say it.
love you all
Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment