Monday, September 12, 2011

Let Go. Let God

There are some things.. especially on a mission that make it impossible to "take care" of myself like I normally would. I am starting to try and worry less on these matters and let God take the reins- if you will. It is inevidiable that many personal things must be pushed aside while serving the Lord. .

      When I let God take over and show me the path I find myself to be a much better/happier person than I ever anticipated. God knows us. He knows our weaknesses, strengths, worries.. ect.
     Our life is not just a rote presentation of bliss with hailstorms of unexpected pain and misery. Sure life has valleys of sorrow.. but the gospel gives us the ability to use the Lord's sacrifice to lift our spirits. I am convinced that God recoices when we do.. and cries with us when we feel pain.

 I have had many people on my mission say.. "well if there is a God why would let all these bad things happen in the world"? We have all asked this question to ourselves.. if you think you haven't.. then you are not human. My answer to this would be that of course God has the power to take away all these problems from us.. but how could we grow if everything was perfect? I dont know about ya'll but for me I know that my trials have made me the person I am today. I am more compassionate, understanding of others pain, happier. . ect.

      I have seen many miracles on my mission. . and also many heartaches of those around me. I feel like my mission has been my whole life. I love the people here so much.

Marvin.. the 80 year old man we baptized this summer has been diagnosed with Lukemia.. we have been to the hospital twice this week to sing to him and read him a scripture. He is such an example of faith. The people here have imporoved the quality of my life so much. I would like to think that I am beggining to feel love for those around me as the Savior would. I mean these people in Montana are soo different from me in many ways, yet so similar.. they were strangers at first, but now they have become family.

Love,
Sis Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment