Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Day

well we had a week and a baptisimal date! WHOOO!!! yes! whoo! ahh! ok that's enough but seriously...ah!
Have I told ya'll about Brittany, Nathaniel, Melissa and Neil? Well I will now if I haven't.
Brit and Nathaniel are married.. Nathaniel is paraplegic and  his wife also has some health issues but is ok right now. . they were both baptized in this mission about a year ago, but since have become inactive because they moved, don't have a car, and Nathaniel is in a lot of pain and needs surgery.. Melissa is the lady they moved in with, who is not a member and has a 5 year old son Neil with lots of issues.. adhd.. and some other things. Melissa is paid by the state to take care of Nathaniel. We have been teaching them since the first week I got here.. but Sis aitken and her last companion had tried them for months before and never got in. I think it's because Heavenly Father knew how much I would love them, so He saved them for me! haha
    Anyhow we have been teaching Melissa for 6 weeks now and she has committed to be baptized on December 10! We hope it works out! So they all came to church this Sunday! It was very hard for them.. they live in very humble circumstances and a few of them don't even have Winter coats. . Nathaniel is in so much pain but he promised me he would come and he did! When we piled in the back of Sacrament meeting I couldn't help choking back the tears. I really love these people. They come from such meager circumstances.. and yet they put on their best to come to church. Their very best may have been worn down jeans and a t-shirt, but it was their best and I was so touched.  The gospel is for every single person.. rich or poor. The gospel takes the slums out of people, lifts their spirits and helps them become who they always wanted to be.
I know that sometimes members of the church worry that people get baptized before they are really ready to commit.. or that maybe sometimes people are trying to use the church to get funds. I urge anyone who has these feelings to look to the scriptures.. look at who Jesus spent most of his time with. The healthy need no physician. There are so many people out there that have never been around anything gospel oriented.. they don't know anything about Christ, they may have grown up in a terribly abusive environment with not much love. It is our responsibility as children of God to uplift those around us.. to strengthen and lift the feeble knees and take these people by the hand and show them the way. That is the gospel, and I hope I always remember that.
   Oh and remember that lady Shirley we tracted into last week that said she wanted to come to church.. yeah she did! She stayed the whole meeting and was so impressed.. it was the Primary Program and she was so happy to see the children so strong in the faith.. so sure of their future and that they could be happy in this life. Miracles do happen. Every day. Sometimes we have to look a little deeper to see them.. but believe me they are there.
    I love you!

Sis Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment