Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

Well this week has been long and good. I decided to try and be domestic and make Thanksgiving treats to bring around to our investigators and less actives. It was a quick fist attempt.. so the turkeys are not perfect.. but they are tasty! With the Holidays around it seems we are doing a lot of service. One place we go to every week is the food bank. I enjoy working there. It's nice to help people with their temporal needs as well as spiritual.. after all if you don't have your basic necessities.. food, clothing.. ect. , nothing else really matters! Everyone deserves to eat. It's quite a humbling experience. I want to make the food bank a part of my regular life when I get home.. to serve there once in a while.. and if i have kids.. to take them there and help them understand what charity really is.
     I have been pondering a lot on what our little choices each day can mean in our lives.. and also how my mission has really changed me for the better. I am still not even scratching the surface at perfect. I make mistakes constantly.. but I see some things now that I didn't before that I can change when I get home to make me a better person. " By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass". Alma 37:6 and that is TRUE. We do not have to be perfect now. We just have to be trying.
     So Adrianna Adling got baptized! Ah! I am sooo happy for her. (my cousins wife). I didn't realize she had been meeting with the missionaries. . There's something so magical about being baptized.. and as a missionary being a small part of others conversions.. you get to see a light in people's eyes.. a hope that has never been so strong. . a determination to walk the path of a disciple of Christ.. the start of a better life.. and the feeling of coming home.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Loves
Sister Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment