Monday, March 12, 2012

Guess What.....?

 Oh hey you guys. family y friends.. Guess what I just found out slash decided... The date I'm coming home! Yeah it's freaky! So school in Hawaii starts September 10.. and My original date home was Sept 13.. so that would just not cut it. So I talked to my mission President.. fasted and prayed.. and ultimately the decision has been made that I will go home one transfer early.. which means I will be back In La Palma August 2! It's been a really stressful decision to make.. but I really feel good about it now that I prayed.. My program at BYUH is the BFA art program. . and my minor is creative writing.. anyhow if I don't go to school in the fall it could potentially take a whole lot longer to graduate.. so there ya go.
    I just want to take a second and tell everyone how much I love my mission. Wow it's been rough. It's almost been a year. . but that year feels like an entire lifetime. There's no way you can return home from your mission and be the same person you were when you left. I love the people of Montana. I love cowboy towns. I love being a missionary. I am super nervous about the fact that I only have 3 more transfers left. yeah that's right.. three! but you know those three transfers are going to be rad because I'm going to work my butt off! The Lord expects much of us. . that's what I've learned out here. he doesn't expect perfection.. but He definitely wants us to reach our potential.. which is usually much higher than we ourselves imagine it to be. When I first came out on my mission, I thought it was all about finding people to teach and baptize.. and while that is our purpose as missionaries.. there is so much more than that. Your developing who you've always wanted to be so much quicker.. your loving people so much deeper.. your pushing yourself so much harder to have the Spirit.. to be like Christ.. to fix the area's in which you lack. Your trying your best to build up your companions.. your learning that maybe this mission has a lot more to do with them.. then you thought.. it's just awesome.
      So we helped with the sheep shearing process last week. it was 15 degrees and I was soooo cold.. but it was really interesting work. I appreciate the people that do it all the time.. it's kind of disgusting.. haha
    Oh so last night we had this really sweet fireside with Justin and Troy Osmund! yeah like the osmunds. it was really cool. Justin is 90 percent deaf, but he can still play the violin and all sorts of other stuff. He gave a really great talk on motivation.. and how to motivate yourself to become what God wants you to become. I loved it. It was seriously so touching.. he did this rendition of the First Vision in Sign Language to music.. ahh loved it. (For any of you that don't know I took sign language for 2 years and I can semi understand it. ha) Anyhow he was so awesome and talked a lot about Missionary work.. and how we all need to do it.  My companion and i met him after and he was a really sweet guy.
     Well this week has been good. Who knows what next will bring. I love my companion Sister Berry! I will miss her so much.. I bet i'll get tranfered in two weeks.. there are 4 new sisters coming into the misison and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stay in Kalispell... Usually sisters don't stay longer than 6 months in a place. I'll miss Kalispell and Sister Berry if that's the case.
   Love you all. Remember how important the gospel is. Remember to pray. Remember to do the little things.. because they matter SOOO MUCH. Don't you ever give up. Your potential is more than you can imagine.
Loves
Sister Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment