Monday, March 19, 2012

Miracles in Kalispell Town

Hi people! So the Lord is awesome.. just so ya know. Truly.. some weeks I am just like smiling all day.. literally per-ma-smile because the gospel makes me so happy. This week Sister Berry and I decided we were just going to talk to every single person we see.. who cares if they are trying to walk briskly away from us.. our message is the best thing ever so we're sharing it! Anyhow. I think the Lord was happy with our efforts because we met some really cool people.. a few mean ones but nonetheless it was great! This one old guy was walking down the street.. He's this really tall Jimmy Stuart looking man.. with cane, hat and all. (snazzy) I'm not gonna lie for some reason I was terrified to talk to him.. because he was reading a book and walking right by me.. and I didn't want to interrupt him. Luckily He looks up at me and says.. "Hey"! then he stares at my name tag and then touching it says "Sister huh, are you catholic?.. oh no no your one of those missionaries, I met some of you in Greece once, talented young people.. they even sang beautifully.. so where you from"? Perfect! Anyway we explained to him who we were,... a little about the Book of Mormon.. I reminded him of Jesus sermon on the mount and how He said He had other sheep he must visit.. so He did.. "So would you like to read the Book of Mormon"? we asked him.. "well now I've got a lot of reading to do.. soo yeah I donno maybe I'll grab one someday".. "how about we give you one right now.. for free"? we offered.. "You wouldn't! You'd give me a copy right now that I could have? With no obligation to be a Mormon first"? haha "nope we just want you to read it for yourself because it's the best book ever". I said. "oh it's the best book ever, well I'm sure glad you gave it to me then"!.. haha it was so funny.. because he seemed genuinely excited to read it. The best part is that about 20 minutes later a lady from our ward called us.. She says "Hey did you guys give an old man a book of mormon today"? "Yeah" ..we said (worried that he threw it away or something)  " well I just thought I would tell you I saw him walking down 3rd street reading it". YAY!!!

     Two miracles happened this weekend.
 1. There's this 19 year old Japanese kid that I have seen a few times at the Food Bank.. well we went to this AA meeting (I know what your thinking, but it was actually pretty sweet, and a lot of people there are searching) Anyway.. he came up to us and just started talking to us.. after a few minutes we had already given him a book of mormon and committed him to come the church the next day.. And guess what.. HE DID! HE CAME TO CHURCH WITH US!! It was so cute! He wore these kaki pants and a nice blue sweater with church shoes.. and he held his little blue Book of Mormon the whole time. It was amazing!!! Oh and the best part is that when we dropped him off back home (we had already set an appointment to meet with him this week) He says.. so can I come next Sunday too? Man I love the church.

2.  So I dont know If I have ever told you about the Ward family? Sister Ward and her daughter Kyla are less active.. and have been forever. Kyla got baptized by some Elders when she was 12.. but is now 20.. and turned Less active almost immediately after she got baptized.. and her Mom didn't even go to church when Kyla was getting baptized.. So for Sister Ward it's been like 20 years since she's come.. and Kyla it's like 8. I've been working with them the last six months.. teaching them the LESSONS.. COMMITTING them to read the Book of Mormon. I didn't want to be some passing missionary that comes to share a thought and not make anyone feel uncomfortable.. I feel like my purpose as a missionary is to first love the people.. then tell them the Lord wants them back in church. So essentially that's been my angle with the wards.. and I never sugar coated anything with them.. just told them like it is.  Anyway the lesson we taught was on faith and I ended up telling them a story that my grandaddy had written about a less active family that he had tried to reactivate for a looong time. He had this dream that all these ward members were hiking up this mountain and once they reached the top they had these big animals that they got to eat.. My grandpa looked around and it seemed all these diligent ward members were devouring their meat.. all to the bone.. then he sees this less active family.. and all they eat is the outsides of the animal.. almost as if they don't realize that all the meat is delicious and valuable.. So I told them this (which I was not planning) and then I was just boldly told them "Heavenly Father wants you back at church, I know it's been a long time, but it's time to come back". Anyhow.. it actually went really well.. I was almost brought to tears when Sister Ward said "Sister Davidson, I think Heavenly Father sent you to Kalispell, just for us, because you can understand us". Wow. I felt so complemented.. and guess what..
THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!Miracle.

Well I love the gospel. I love that I can always repent every single week when I take the Sacrament, what a miracle.
Loves
Sister Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment