Monday, March 5, 2012

Note to self :Some people are Creeepy!

It was a good/entertaining week with some slightly odd and creepy  moments.. 
. Met with Caleb and Singles Ward Elders Quorm President and his counselor. I realized just how awkward I will be when I get home.. I felt SOO uncomfortable with men that weren't missionaries.. I felt like I couldn't even teach! haha embarrasing. I guess I did fine according to my companion.. but I was like.. what the heck is wrong with me.. it' not like they were highly attractive or anything.. it was weird. I thought I was normalish. apparently not. maybe I will just never come home to avoid awkward encounters. ha We asked caleb what he wants out of life and he said "a sweet pair of nunchucks".. cool.

. Ok so by far the scariesttt expereince. We tracted into this guy  Corey Cain (40ish) a few weeks ago and started teaching him. He said he was a less active member and hadn't been to church since he was 12.. but from the get-go I sensed something fishy about him.  He said they stopped going to church because his mom was excommunicated.. but He just seemed to know exactly what came next in each lesson.. almost as if he had gone on a mission. I started thinking maybe HE was the excommunicated one. Just a creepy feeling. So then he wants to meet us at a coffee shop.. so were like.. ok public place.. not too sketchy. Well we get there and he tries to get some "private room downstairs"? uh creepy. Luckily the lady is like "Um that room has been reserved for tonight". So we just sat down in a room that was semi in the open.. so we start asking him about his reading in the BOM.. and some kid comes and sits in the same room.. we told him it was fine he could sit there we'd just be teaching.. he obliged.. anyway Corey starts asking these WeIRD questions.. stuff that you'd probably only know if you've been through the temple.. So I said "Wow seems like you know a lot about the church for not being back since you were twelve". I don't think he liked my attitude.. cause he was giving me a scary look as if he got caught. I continued "So you said you have family that are still members, do you ever talk to them"? (he had previously said that lots of his family were still members but he didn;t know much cause he was only at church sporadically until age 12, he also said his mom still occasionally went to church but never got re-baptized)  he got all awkward and rambling about how all his family lives in England. (which he previously said they lived in Utah) I'm not dumb.. this guys a freaky liar. . Then the kid thats in the room starts talking to us.. He 's like.. "are you the mormon missionaries? I was baptized a year and a half ago.. I stopped going.. but I'm thinking about going back".. So I start talking to him and bearing my testimony.. bla bla.. going over his concerns.. it was pretty awesome.. Little did I know while I was talking to this kid Ben.. Corey is talking to Sister berry.. He's quietly trying to get our address from her! he;s like "Hey I might need to send you something in the mail can I have your address"? Sister Berry's like.. "Uh we've been advised that we aren't supposed to give our address out, but we can give you our mission home address".. Then he's like "Oh no I don't want that".. All the while I'm still talking to Ben so I have no idea.. Then Corey's like well I'll probably not ever meet with you guys again.. cause I never got a sign that it's true.. So I tell him that he can search wherever he wants but he'll never find anything that brings him real happiness except for the gospel of Jesus Christ.. it was pretty intense.. haha but awesome.. at least for me.. Then he's like well maybe I;ll come to church on Sunday.. Then after we pray he tries to get us to come out to his car with him to show us something.. we're like.. uh creepy.. so we go out but stand like ten feet behind his truck and he shows us some pottery.. it was weird..
   After we get in our truck Sister Berry's like.. "Sister Davidson! He's a creep! He was trying to get our address from me when he knew you weren't paying attention to me! I think he thought I was dumb enough to give it to him!"  I was like oh sick... what a creep! Good thing Sister Berry is not dumb.. whats worse is that we live alone in a house that is constantly unlockled by realtors. Well get home and our house will be unlocked because we dont have a real key.. just a code! For all we know we could have a squatter in our basement.. the house is like 4,000 square feet. So when we get home and the doors were unlocked I called the realtor to ask him to lock the doors.. He is spit face drunk when I called him. Here's how it went
    Me: Hi is this Chance?
   Realtor: Who's this?
   Me: Rachelle
   Realtor: in a creepy voice Oh HEEEEyy Rachheelle....
 Me: Uh.. is this the Realtor?
   Realtor: Who's asking hahahahahahah (drunk laughs)
  Me: This is Rachelle.
  Realtor : oh Heeyyy Rracccheelle.. Yeah I'm a Realtor.. ahhahaah
  Me: Is this a drunk realtor?
  Realtor: YEah!!!! hahahaah
 Me: ok well can you please tell the realtors who come to lock the door..
 Realtor: What! why!? You don't even have any furniture in there!..
Me: Maybe I'll call you tommorrow when your sober
 Realtor: Well I don't understand how it's unlocked.. blab balba
   Oh my heck he contiunues on and on with his drunken nonsense until I finally hang up on him.
haha
   Well Missions are weird.. I love it though. Hopefully were safe.. I called the mission President.. he said we'll be ok. Were looking for a new place to live. Until then I have a knife by my  bed. I aint scared! ahah
Well love you guys
Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment