Monday, August 29, 2011

Am I Part of the Cure?





  Well I didn't get transferred! i am staying here in good old Roberts for at least another 6 weeks. I am happy about that... I have been very blessed here and I know that Sister Tuckett and I have lots more work to do.. 
  
    I thought about all the new converts that Sister Buchanan and I just had baptized and thought.. hmm I wonder if they can go in the temple to do basptisms before they have been members a year? So I searched and found out that yes they can! So I am planning a temple trip with all the recent converts September Friday the 16th.. I am soooooo excited! There is no better place to be on earth than the temple.. it truley is the house of God. It's a place where we can get away from all the noise of the world and feel peace. 
   Anyhow.. yesterday I was at a members house the Jacobson's and thier children were all playing thier instruments for us.. the oldest son was on the piano and he played Coldplays classic song -clocks-.. as he was playing I was really listening to the lyrics in my memory
        "Am I part of the cure? Or am I part of the disease"? and I thought to myself.. what am I doing? Am I here on a mission as part of the cure? Do I truely want to help all those around me to have happier more beneficial lives? YES of COURSE!! But I think all of us.. whether we are old or young.. on missions for the church, working, or just taking care of our families.. we should think to ourselves.. am I part of the cure or the disease? 
    We all struggle in our daily lives.. trying to fit into a mold.. going down our checklist and sometimes I think we lose sight of what those check lists actually signify.. As a missionary I have noticed that it is easy to jsut get into a cookie cutter routine.. but this does not neccesarily mean we are part of the cure.. if we just accomplish our list.. it is the journey and the purpose behind these items on our to-do's that really have meaning.. We can be doing a richeous routine and yet still be a part of the disease if we do not listen constantly to the promptings of the Spirit. I am trying to do better!
    I love you all and am soooo excited for everyone back home.. for whatever it is you are going through this week, month, and year.. I hope you are finding joy in your journey..
    So my mom sent me a picture of a mural I did in highschool. It brought back alot of memories for me.. while I can't paint on my mission for lack of time I am excited for the day i will be able to develop that talent further.. and while I am here in Montana there are so many new ideas spinning in my head for what I can paint later..
    I love the message from President Uchdorph "Create"..

We all have talents that are given to us to help us enjoy life more.. to learn more.. God doesn't want us to just punch in the clock from 8-6 every day.. he wants us to devlop and share what we can offer to others. I know that God has a plan for us all and that though we may have rough spots in our journey EVERYTHING we go through can be for our benefit, if we just look at the positives.
   Love you
  Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment