Monday, December 5, 2011

Candy Clause

Megan Lamb. That's the name of importance this week. I don't think I told you last week that Megan came to church for the first time. So who is she? Well she works with a man named Brother Scalia (spelling prob wrong) and one day they were just chatting.. and she was telling him how she was going through a really rough time. . she has three kids under the age of three and i think shes 24. . and no husband.. just a jerk boyfriend she was trying to leave.. but it was rough because she was the one with the full time job. So Brother Scalia says.. well do you go to a church or have a pastor or someone you can talk to? (totally non pushy towards our church, truly just caring and trying to help)  She said no.. what church do you go to? AHH open door! haha so He invited her to our church.. called us missionaries.. and bam.. we met her last Sunday.. sat by her. talked. She is a really smart determined girl, just has had nowhere to turn. She loved church! So we gave her a Book of Mormon and explained to her that it is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ.. from the people that lived on the American continent.. it's not ANOTHER Bible.. it's a second witness, and an amazing one at that.. that will clarify so many interpretations of the Bible and compile them into one. She just ate it up.. and not just like over her head type acceptance.. but she REALLY gets it. So we set up an appointment to teach her on Tuesady.
    So we did. We taught her the first lesson. It was crazy because the kids were everywhere.. one of those lessons where you hope the investigator can at least feel a little of the Spirit. haah But she said she would for sure be at church Sunday.
   And she was there! We sat by her.. and she had one of her kids Anthony.. (such a cutie) but the other ones I guess her ex freaked out about and wouldn't let her take them to church.. She told us that she left him.. left the house and was staying at her friends with Anthony, because she couldn't take the abusive relationship (plus Anthony is the only kid who's not her ex's so he treats him worse. classic.)  I was impressed with her strength.
   Church was Fast Sunday so of course we were all fasting and some bearing their testimonies. Then we had an uplifting gospel principles class which went really well. And last we had Relief Society.. it was on Personal Revelation and how we can receive answers for our personal lives. It was an amazing meeting.. and nowadays for the past few minutes of R.S. you can bear your testimony.. So i really felt compelled to.
I talked about how personal revelation is what brought me on my mission. That I was hesitant because I was LOVING my life in Hawaii. I had all my school paid for by Scholarship and everything was working out great, I had awesome friends, and ward.. But i felt sooo strongly that I needed to go on a mission. I followed that prompting and it has been the BEST decision I ever made. My mission has meant so much to me and nothing can ever take the place of it. Being able to help others help themselves back home has meant sooo much to me. It's been AMAZING and I LOVE it. And of course I was bawling like a baby.. because I can't ever get up without pouring like a water fountain.. haha
   But the MOST amazing thing is what happened after I sat down.
  Megan got up. . she bore her testimony!!! She started bawling and said.. I just have never felt like this.. and she pointed to me and said Sis Davidson you have no idea how much you have helped me just in this past week. You helped me get out of a terrible relationship, I didn't realize how bad it was until you two came to my house and taught me and were so kind to my little guys. I just feel so happy here at church. I never want to leave. I know it's true. In the name of Jesus Chrsit Amen.
  What the heck! As is I wasn't already bawling.. now I was hyperventilating..and so was everyone else! The lady who got up to close the meeting couldn't speak for a whole minute.. she was so touched.
   I can't tell you all how much that meant to me. It was like God was telling me that I can help Him bring others back. That I am a good missionary and that all the door slams, dirty looks, and rejection are worth it for the one. I was so touched.
   Did anyone get to watch the Christmas Devotional last night? I only got to watch the last half.. but it was so good! I LOVED the new movie they showed about Christ's birth.. it was so well done! it's only nine minutes.. take some time and watch it here.
   Love you all
Sis davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment