Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Well I can't believe it's Christmas this week... time flies! Wow a mission is crazy. Sometimes it just takes EVERYTHING you have to keep going.. to keep knocking, working and being obedient. I have learned just how important it is to stay in tune with the Spirit. The adversary would love more than anything to detour or pause our progression.. if he can't throw us in the pit he's happy to just confuse us! That's why I am SOO grateful for the Spirit that can warn, comfort and direct us. What a gift from God. For Reals.. it's my favorite present I've ever received.. and I don't have to wait around for Christmas to get it.. I can unwrap it every day.  This Christmas I just wanted to write a few things I have been grateful/blessed with in my life.

   I am grateful that when I was young, confused and didn't know where to turn.. that I had a seminary teacher who loved me enough to tell me how great I was, encourage me and commit me to something. He said "Rachelle promise me one thing.. no matter how hard it gets read and pray everyday". Then he wrote on a post it "I will not go to bed, until I've read".. and while I was leaving the building he came to my car and placed it on the dash board. It stayed there for 5 years. up until I sold my car to come on my mission.. and now it's home with the rest of my stuff. Brother Williams may never know the impact of that one commitment he made to me. . I kept it there may have been a day or two when I was in the hospital or something that I didn't read.. but other than that I was kept it. . . and it changed my life. since that time I have read the Book of Mormon at least 6-7 times. . and it just keeps getting better and better. sometimes I'm like.. wait a second is this the same book?.. haha

    I am grateful for the great friends that God has provided me throughout my life.. who've told me when I was being stupid. Who were examples of Christ. Who listened. Who just laughed with me and accepted me for what I was.. but never lost hope of what I could become. I'm grateful for the times they let me cry like a baby or vent my frustrations.
     
       I am so grateful that God allowed me to live in such a beautiful place like Hawaii. It was amazing. Whenever I get cold here I remember how blessed I was before my mission.. I remember the Turquoise water at Bikini beach, floating on my back on a perfect day.. wondering where I would go on my mission and what it would be like. I remember thanking God for letting me relax.. for giving me a time to have fun, make great friends and learn at the best school ever.
    
    I am grateful for my past. . for all the lessons that I learned growing up. I'm thankful for My mother who taught me to Keep the Commandments.. who took me to church every Sunday  and reminded me how important it was. My childhood may not have been perfect but I will say that God knew what he was doing.. I have been blessed because of my experiences because now I have the ability to understand people on my mission. . and help them.

    I am grateful for my grandparents Mummi and Grandaddy.. what amazing examples they have been to me all my life. My Mummi is perfect. I have determined the only reason she is still on Earth and not translated is because I need her so much! My Grandaddy was great too. Sometimes when it's rough I'll remember one of his jokes and literally laugh out loud.. He may have been a jokster.. but he never let me forget what was most important to him.. and what he wanted for me. He'd say.. "Rachelle when you get married.. get married in the temple.. Don't do it any other way."  but he said it with such conviction and love.. he loved the gospel and always lived by example.
  
    I'm grateful for My Father Steve Meraz. I am grateful for the letters he has sent me of encouragement and love on my mission. I am proud of all his success. I am thankful that he is always willing to listen to me. . and I'm so happy that he has been going to church and meeting with the Elders. I'm also grateful for my Grandma Meraz who never forgets to send me a package for every Holiday and makes me feel special.

    I wish I had time to tell  everyone how much I love them and what their examples have meant to me. But I don't have much time on the computer! ha

    Lastly I am most grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ.. who was born in Bethlehem long ago.. who grew and was was perfect in word and deed. Who with no hesitation suffered every pain and selfish mistake I have made or pain I have felt from the hands of others. . He suffered everything.. and because He did we can have hope of becoming like him. This Christmas I want to thank my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for blessing me with this time to go on a mission and serve them full time. I will never be able to repay them for all the gifts they have given me.  

           I love you all and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
  Love Sister Rachelle Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment