Monday, January 9, 2012

kalispell is crazy

Well this week has been crazy! Seems like everyone cancelled on Dinner.. so we had to fend for ourselves.. which is fine but with a new companion it's kinda awkward because you want to get her to meet people.. ha
But some amazing things have happened! 
  •  I really like my companion, she is very obedient and sweet.. she has spent all her mission pretty much in Nauvoo baking bread and giving tours.. so teaching the lessons is a little new to her.. but she is awesome! oh and she is from Springville Utah.. funny that all my companions are from Utah. . It is really refreshing to have a SPIRITUAL companion who can't wait to get to work.
  •  We we're looking for a random former investigator on the outskirts of town and I noticed a less active lady( on the ward list) I had never met before.. it was 8 pm and we had no where to go so I'm like.. well who cares if she's mad it's dark.. whats the worst she can do? Maybe shoot me since were in Montana. haah. So we look at the mailbox and it says a different last name.. so we thought.. maybe it's not her.. Oh well who cares we're knocking anyway! So this cowboy answers and said "oh ya she's back in the hott tub come on in"! Then he was like.. have I ever met you before?? We said no.. but it was like we for sure had met him before.. one of those weird "I must have known you in Heaven".. haah  So she comes out and is really nice.. but super awkward.. almost like guilty awkward.. So we're trying to get to know her a bit and she says she was married and divorced and now married a non member just a week ago (Which was tony the guy who answered the door).. apparantly she was the Primary President for a lot of years and now is inactive ever since her divorce.. She started asking about me and my life why I came on a misson and usually I don't really tell people that I was slightly a crazy teenager with an interesting background, but I did and I talked about how the people in church aren't perfect.. sometimes they can really really hurt us, but we can't let them distract us from the truth that the Gospel brings into our lives.. and that's why the Savior suffered for us.. not just for when we need to repent.. but for when we need to forgive those that have hurt us.. the atonement covers that too! I went on about how I have been amazed that through time I have been able to love and feel sorrow for those in and out of the church that have intentionally hurt me.. and how i realize now that I want that forgiveness... I want people and the Savior to forgive me for my mistakes.. so it's easier to want that for them.. no matter what.. .. weird! haah I wasn't expecting on being so open with her the first 5 minutes but it really softened her.. It was awesome.. she's like.. can I please feed you something?? Tony was at the kitchen table and we were like sure! So we sat down next to him and we started joking around.. and I was being like my weird normal self.. I'm sure my comp was like... what the too casual! aha but I swear it was like he was my uncle and I'd known him my whole life! He was like.. Sis Davidson do you ride horses?? I said.. uh like for fun a few times but I have no idea what I'm doing.. He says "i got a huge head of cattle I gotta route over the Canadian border.. can you help with that"?  haha what the heck! Me a cattle herder? I think not.. plus I can't because I'm a missionary.. so I explained why I couldn't but thanks for asking.. and then the wife was like.. "So how did you find me? Did the bishop sick you on us"?! haha I'm like no actually I was just looking at the ward list and saw your name.. then Tony says "haha your stalking us? You have our name on a list".. I was like "Darn strait I'm stalking you, I'm the Lord's stalker"! haah so anyway it was pretty hilarious.. and they were so awesome and nice.. we're gonna meet with them again next week.
 Ok so we had this referall from a lady in a different ward who works for an older couple.. The husband takes care of his Alzheimer's wife.. she wanted us to talk to him and see if he wanted to learn more about the gospel. So we did and he said he was really having a hard time and we probably would'nt understand.. because his wife had alsheimers.. I was like.. Um I know a little about it.. I lived with my Grandpa that had it.. So he said we could come back!  We did and I really connected with Rosemarie his wife.. I was going over some pamplets with her and jsut talking about jesus.. it was really sweet.. She is worse off than Grandaddy was, but I just felt good. Anyhow The husband was like "it takes a special person, a positive upbeat person to care for an Alzheimer patient, can you take a job working with Rosemarie every Monday? Your perfect for it".  Haha what the! I didn't know what to say.. at first I thought maybe I could do it for service, but then I realized it would probably be a liability.. so I had to turn it down. It was really funny cause that was the first day I had with my new comp and she had NO idea what was going on.. so she just sat there.. haha Sorry if my stories aren't complete but I didn't have much time to type it all out
Love you all so much!!
Sis Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment