Monday, January 2, 2012

I moved!

101 Rosebud lane
Kalispell, Montana 59901
So I moved into a huge house with no one in it! We had nowhere to live so some members that just moved to Utah let us live in thier house until it sells.. which is pretty nice. I like it alot! Oh ya and I am getting a new companion tonight! Weird! Everytime you get used to one companion you get another one who is completely different. You definately learn how to get along with lots of different personalities.. one thing I have found is you have to let people be themselves.. you can't be happy trying to change them to be more like you.. and that's with everything.. excercise, eating habits, teaching, tracting approaches, style.. haha unless they show interest in what you like to do you pretty much just have to compromise.. which can be different, but a fun learning experience.
     I can't beleive over half my mission is over! It's nuts! and kinda bittersweet. I don't know how I am going to adapt to normal life.. I am going to be one of those super weird RM's who can't be normal. haah I just love being a missionary.. I see little miracles ALL the time.. I think it's just  a missionary thing.. you get these instant blessings for being obedient.. and even though it's usually helping other people it's very spiritually gratifying. I am sad to think that one day I won't be this kind of missionary anymore.. and I'll have to get on with life!
   I was in this store getting some vitamins.. it's called complete nutrition.. and this guy that worked there was giving us his speil so I was like.. hmm I can easily turn this back on him.. He was just talking about how these viatimins are so great and he would recomend them to everyone.. and then he saw my tag and realized we were missionaries.. He was like "Hey are you mormons"? and I said "Yep, that's us were missionaries".  He says "So you have to go out a long time huh, so why would you decide to do something like this for so long, like why did you come"?  Ok perfect!! haah so I said " well think of it this way.. you have this protein or vitamin or something that really helps you feel great when you work out and just overall improves your life, would'nt you want to share that with people? That's why I came.. simply because it makes me really happy and I want to share it". He paused for a minute and was like "Ok, I get it no.. oh hey I have been to your temple! In Salt Lake it was soo pretty there"!  So we talked for a bit about it. I am condensing the conversation.. haha anyhow in the end.. I bought some vitamins and gave him a mormon.org card and invited him to church. It was funny. and I loved doing it.. ha im so weird.
   My new years was pretty uneventful.. just sat at th church and talked to people.. but it was nice nontheless.
   My new companion is a Sister from Nauvoo here on her outbound.. I think she knew my cousin katy Davidson who was on her mission there. it should be a new fun experience.
   p.s. I love the gospel. Nothing in this world can offer the peace living the commandments gives. Nothing can compare to serving a full time mission and feeling the spirit work in you to bless other people. It's the best thing ever.
Loves
Sister Rachelle

   

No comments:

Post a Comment