Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunshine in Helena

Running for the Cure for Breast Cancer
Well it was a good week! Last P-day I convinced all the Elders and my companion to hike Mount Helena. It was sooo pretty! Not exactly like Hawaii hikes, but beautiful nontheless. I also convinced my companion to run the 5k for Breast Cancer with me.. It was super fun! We live right by the captiol, it's a nice building I must say.
There's been a few nights I haven't been able to sleep at all.. so that was no fun. One of the days this week I was super tired and we we're walking to our dinner when we saw this old man with a broken arm (and very sick/tired looking) trying to mow his lawn.. He almost fell over! I was like Oh no way is he mowing this lawn.. So I asked him if I could mow it for him..(who cares if I'm in a skirt right? I've been walking all day anyway and it was hot and sweaty) I might mention I have not used a lawn mower in ages. I could count on one hand the times I've used a hand mower.. But I did it! The awesome part was Sister Valdivieso was talking to the Man as I was mowing. She asked him if he was interested in learning more about the chuch.. he said "Well I never have been until now, I am just so touched by your service". She then set up an appointment with him and his wife (he says his wife is afraid of us) then she found out he was going on vacation to.. guess where? St. George utah! haha He said he was planning on walking around the temple grounds because they are so pretty. Hmmm seems perfect. we'll see.

Montana Capitol Building

Breast Cancer Eye Protectors


Mt Helena

So we met with Sam and Tiffany again this week. We called and invited Tiffany to church (since she hasn't been coming much, just her husband) and she was so excited that we invited her! She's like "yes I can't wait to sit next to you girls, you are so funny". Ha hey if being weird works, I'll take it. She came. The best part was by default we had to teach the lessen in Gospel Principles because our teacher was gone.. We taught the restoration.. and watched the 20 minute restoration video. Man was it spiritual. At the end I felt inspired to share my testimony about my favorite convert Jane. I told them how I remembered watching this DVD with Jane.. and when I looked over she was bawling.. by the end my comp and I were bawling as well. By the end Jane finally knew she needed to be baptized.
Tiffany had tears in her eyes. Please pray for us to know how to invite her to be re-baptized. She is so awesome. I just love her.
I'm not gonna lie.. being close to the end of my mission is REALLY HARD on me. It's depressing. I know it's just part of life to move on.. but who would ever want to move on from this?
Love, Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment