Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm so freaking happy

Yeah,  I said  it. I'm freaking happy! It's true! I am. I am having a great time. Amazing actually. My mission has definately been the best part of my life thus far. OH AND GUESS WHAT? So I was really worried that I was going to be training a new misisonary for my last 6 weeks.. I was super bummed for many reasons about that.. mainly because I LOVE Sister Val.. and because the investigators we are teaching right now are really connected to us. (the gospel too, but you know what I mean) So what did I do? I prayed about it. I was like "Heavenly Father, is there ANY way I can just keep my companion".. basically the nevertheless Thy will be done ending.. ha I fully expected to say goodbye to Sister Val.. Sister's in this mission NEVER serve more than 2 transfers together, it's never happened, ever. Welp. God loves me. It's true! I get to stay will her my last transfer! She's killing me off! WOop! And what's rad about this is that this weekend we have a baptism. no big deal. God is a God of miracles. For real.
    I've learned so much on this mission. Serving God full time is an experience that's hard to describe. I've loved the whole thing. The hard parts were HARD. The good parts were AMAZING. I know I'm so profound right? But anyone who has really loved thier mission I'm sure will relate. It's difficult knowing that I soon go back to the "real world".. but you know what? This is the real world. I can feel the spirit like this for the rest of my life. I never have to let go of these missionary experiences. . I am just being positive Patsy right now.  I'm just going to name off a few things my mission has taught me about life and the gospel.
   - The Priesthood power is real. It's the real deal. Direct authority from God has been restored to the Earth. The same priesthood power Christ had when he healed the sick in Jerusalem, and the America's. The same Priesthood his apostles used. The one that Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist under. . we can recieve blessings from it today. It's amazing. Men who honorably hold it are amazing.
 - The Holy Ghost is the greatest. The influence and power of this member of the Godhead is the greatest gift you could get. God loves us enough to let us feel his Spirit on occasion, which I imagine to be a little piece of the Celestial Kingdom. Heavenly Father hasn't left us alone. . not ever. We can recieve answers from God through this gift.. so we're not wandering.. but we can go forward with determination and peace knowing what choices are right. It's my favorite gift. My mission has taught me just how real/important it is, and to always remain worthy to feel it.
- The importance of Motherhood. I am not a mother yet.. probably won't be for a while. . but I know that my mission has helped me know what kind of mom I need to be. There is no better training than on the mission field for this.. im convinced that God wanted me pay attention to the Mother's I have seen out here and learn from thier examples. I always want to be there for my kids. I want to teach them the scriptures.. I want them to grow up in a safe environment where there is always love.. and food:) haha
- How important it is to marry the right person, at the right time, In God's temple for eternity. I still occasionally hear Grandaddy's word's "Rachelle when you get married, make sure you get married in the temple. Don't do it any other way. I see many people get married out of the temple and it's a sad thing to watch". haha Obviously I am not married.. but I have seen many examples of different marriages on my mission. It's the most important decision you could ever make. Eternal Families are sacred and Satan will do all he can to stop a good marriage. . You have to do the little things with your spouse. You have to read the scriptures, fullfill your callings, go to the temple together, pray together.. be willing to sacrifice. There's a lot that needs to be there. I'm super grateful for all the lessons I've learned out here. They were unexpected. But real.
  I could go on for days.. I am so happy I served this mission. The blessings I've recieved from it are innumerable. I love life. I love God. I love being His missionary.
Sister Davidson

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts, Rachelle. You have been an outstanding missionary. Good luck in your final transfer. It's my nephew's last transfer (in Brazil) and another girl from our stake's last transfer (in San Diego). I am so impressed with you all and feel gratitude that you all chose to stand tall & firm in the face of all the challenges that a mission brings...so you could experience the unbelieveable joy.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete