Monday, October 24, 2011

Sorry this may seem like a journal entry.

  So maybe I am just a big mean Sister that drops everyone that's not progressing.. maybe I am too business minded? Not that missionary work is a business but I donno. Maybe you out there that have served missions know? So I guess I should explain. I came to this new area and was kinda disappointed with the area book.. and with the lack of investigators. I am not placing judgement on the prior missionaries.. but the bishop and ward council had made it clear that they were not too pleased with the missionary work that has been done here in the past. . which is good for me because that means I can drop all the people that aren't progressing and just move forward.. finding, finding, finding, right? Well yes and no. I sometimes forget that other people have feelings attached to their areas and what they have been doing. . so i guess me coming in and taking hours to completely update the area book and after meeting the so called "progressing investigators" dropping them is not very sensitive. So I am trying to balance it all. ha. The Lord loves to place me in growing situations.. which I am grateful for, but sometimes I'm like really? I somewhat knew that the missionaries here did not really live up to the bishops standards.. because my mission president had given me a slight clue.. he called me and said.. "So Sister Davidson are you ready to go to Kalispell? The Bishop there seems to be a little warmer than in the past, so are you ready to turn it around"?  Plus my last companion and the bishop did not get along.. and I guess he really chastised them for not getting anyone knew to teach. So I was a little nervous to meet the guy.. But I did and guess what?  I really like the guy! He is like me.. he gets to business and gets it done. For example if people aren't ready to come to church or keep any commitments and they have been taught all the lessons.. or in this area's case for 3 years.. then drop them.. other missionaries will see them in former investigators and pick them up at a later time when they are ready. I fully believe that missions are not just to go and share nice thoughts with people.. or to be their "church" each week.. there are people that are prepared and it's our job to find them and help them understand the amazing blessings that come from Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring on with all the great people around us, lifting and building each other up. Wowza the Church is true.. I may not know it all.. but I know enough to get that it blesses my life and makes me really happy. Sometimes I wonder why I was so blessed to be born into the church and have it as a foundation, there for me all throughout my life. I know that God really is there.. He knows what He's doing.. it's my hope that we all learn to let Him lead us.
    So guess what else? We found two new investigators this week! Jenna who's 14.. she is awesome.. and Melissa who's prob in her 40's. I'm excited. Sorry if this bored you to death. Love you all!
    Sister Davidson
  
                                                 My new companion Sister Aitkin

No comments:

Post a Comment