Monday, October 31, 2011

There's always Sunshine after Rain. P.S Happy Halloween!

    Well we had a pretty good week. We dropped those 3 year investigators.. and I have to say during one of them I had an amazing spiritual experience. . This lady Meagan (prob 25 yrs old) had been "investigating" forever.. and really "needed the missionaries" to come each week.. I felt really inspired to ask her a few questions like.. "So if we didn't come every week, would you still want to learn more about the gospel"? i.e. read the B.O.M and pray on your own.. She said no if you guys stopped coming I would just fall back where I was before.. thus she was completely dependent on the missionaries to give her an uplift every week.. and would not commit to do anything on her own. Honestly I was depending on my companion to break the news to her, mainly because she had known her a lot longer, but also because she is kinda intimidating.. ha one of those hard Montana women. . But I just felt the spirit so strong and took over.. I went on about faith and how it's an action word.. and we could continue coming and making her feel good each week.. but until she planted her seed and nourished it.. nothing would grow.. Kind of like how a parent raises  children to go out into the world on their own two feet.. they have to grow and go on their own and choose. I went on to bear my testimony that I know that the church is true along with the B.O.M. and that is strengthens my faith in Christ when I read it. . and that no matter how hard our circumstances may be.. the gospel can lift us out.. if we choose to act. I made sure to let her know that I knew that the gospel would bless her life more than she could do on her own.. and that we missionaries love her and would be there for her if she ever wanted to start coming to church and progressing. She started BAWLING... and I just kept talking.. it felt like someone else was talking because whatever I said.. she totally understood and needed to hear it. I even turned to some random scripture I didn't even realize was there and read it to her and it completely fit. Anyway I hope she someday starts to act because she is a great person.. she just isn't ready right now.
      Anyhow.. something cool happened.. We found a family! This guy Ian, his wife and two little kids Nova and Zane. . Ian is rad. There is just something about him, like you can tell he knows that he really needs to learn more. We are excited.. we're going to teach them tonight (Halloween) ha so hopefully not too many door bell interruptions occur. I just have a really good feeling about them.. so hopefully it works out! There is NOTHING better than helping people learn more about the gospel.. seeing them grow.. seeing their countenances change as they repent and feel the weight of the world slowly come off their shoulders. It's such a blessing to be a part of it. .
       Its getting COLLLLDD. Basically I am going to die.
Love you all! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment