Monday, April 23, 2012

Can this last forever?

This week was good. Like really good. I feel like I'm finally understanding.. just exactly how to be a missionary. It's so much work.. so much.. but it's worth it. God knows exactly why He puts people in a certain place, at a certain time. I truely believe that 100 percent. I've been doing alot of organization in this area.. there was no map for us to go by (we don't have gps mapped in our brains, sorry. Oh and we're not Elders who's dad's actually buy them gps's) So I've spent a bunch of time oraganizing the area into smaller area's that we can walk to and plan our days around. It's funny the random skills you pick up as a missionary.. before the mish I was literally directionally challenged.ha .. We found 5 new investigators this week! WOOP!
    The first family is the Michiels. Sister Michiels has a pair of triplets, and a set of twins.. Yep.. crazy. One of the kids (davis) has autism.. another one of the girls has slight autism.. and one has alot of problems and is basically bedridden.. When I saw them on the ward list I realized there was one mom with 5 kids.. no dad listed.. So I figured we should see how she is.  Can anyone guess that this mother needs help? She is actually going through a terrible divorce and hasn't made it to church in basically years. We got to know her a bit.. and then found out none of her kids are baptized.. and they are all old enough! So we started teaching them! We've taught them twice this week and I called a couple from the ward who picked them up for church! (Since the mom can't come because of Pheobe, the bed-ridden child)
     I cannot express how much joy fills my heart as I teach these children. Children understand things in a way adults don't. . and you know what they are super smart! It's impossible to explain the love I felt as we taught the children to sing "I am a child of God". . I'll never be able to express the joy as we taught them how to pray to thier Heavenly Father.. we all knelt down and waited as each child slowly said thier own prayer. My favorite was Davis's prayer (the one with autism) He said ..
"Dear Heavenly Father, My favorite Spider is the black widow.. but you probably already know that. I like them because of thier bright red spot.. and because they are the most poisonous. Thanks for the missionaries coming over, and please help us to have a great day. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." ha
  My heart seriously almost burst when the kids came to church and there was Irelyn (all pretty in her red dress and pink tennis shoes) holding her Book of Mormon.. she ran up to me and said "Sister Davidson! You promised I could sit by you"!
   Geez. I don't want this to ever end. I feel like when I say I love the Book of Mormon, the Restored church, and Jesus Christ. it sounds cliche. But it's not. This gospel is for real. It's the only way to be content. . completely content with whatever God lets us go through. How patient He is with us. How much He truely loves us. I can feel His love all the time for the people around me. I can feel His love everyday. My life was good before my mission. But it's WAY better now. Good thing I came right?
    So Sam and Tiffany (the ex communicated couple) invited us to go fishing with them and the kids tonight! So excited right now. haha pray it goes well!
Love ya'll.
Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment