Monday, April 2, 2012

Loving Helena

So I feel like I have greenie fire right now. Ha If that's too missionary lingo for you, it means I feel like I just got out on my mission and it feels great! So many awesome things have happened since I have been transferred to Helena..
My companion Sister Valdiviso is from Visalia.. I think she is in my cousin's stake! The Lakes.. Anyway I love her!  she is a bit crazy.. reminds me of me when I was younger.. not that I'm not still crazy:) haha but it's been GREAT working with her. She has the desire to serve and we work well together.. we have just been talking to EVERYONE we see!.. the best part is that with her we have the same spunk and so I don't feel awkward. Remember how in conference I can;t remember who told the story.. about the Senior companion that patted the Junior one on the back when the guy was rude to them at the door? Yeah I have been doing that to her everytime as a joke.. and for some reason we find it hilarious.
  I have really started to learn to listen to the spirit.. right then and there! Don't sit and worry if it's the spirit prompting you to do something good. if it's a good thing do it! So our first lesson together we went to teach this man Larry Benson. He has muscular distrophy.. really sweet guy that had a few WOW problems.. so we taught him about the word of Wisdom and he agreed he would do it.. so my companion is still teaching and talking and I feel the spirit saying "ask the man if he wants to get baptized".. I'm thinking.. I have no idea how long they have been teaching him, my comp had said he wasn't really progressing. . so I wasn't sure if they had already asked him or anything.. So I kept debating with the spirit for a few minutes.. then I blurted "So Larry have any of the Sister's ever asked you if you want to be baptized"? (sad attempt right haha) and he said actually no they haven't asked me yet.. then Sister Validiviso asked him if he would like to be baptized April 28 and he said YES!!!! We walked out of that house beaming.. the Spirit was sooo strong. I felt good knowing that I actually listened.. Sister V was freaking out.. she's like OH MY GOSH THAT WAS SO AMAZING, I HAVEN"T FELT SO GUIDED BEFORE! It was awesome.. she said she felt like she wanted to ask him before, but her companion never felt like they should.. so it was just perfect timing!

       Ok so then two days later we had 2 baptisms!!! Yeah the ward members here are sweet. This lady abby started bringing her friend Danielle and her daughter to church.. the sisters started teaching them and they both got baptized after the last confrence session on Saturday! I only got to teach them once on Friday before they were baptized, but it was awesome being a part of it. Danielle is obsessed with hello kitty.. which I also am haha and she gave me a cute wallet and Calendar. It was cute.

   There's always some adjusting when you are working with a new missionary.. but it's exciting.. and I loved conference! I loved every talk. One I especailly loved was Uchdorf's just STOP IT! It was so good. I love the gospel.. I can't wait to see more miracles unfold!
Loves
Sister Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment